By: Dexter Wellness Center
Weight Training on World Arthritis Day
Today is World Arthritis Day, a global awareness day held every year on October 12. This day aims to help raise awareness across the world of the existence and impact of rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases, often referred to as RMDs.
Strength training can help you ease and manage arthritis symptoms. In honor of World Arthritis Day, here are some helpful strength training tips from verywellhealth.com:
– Talk to your healthcare provider about wearing orthopedic braces or supports on affected joints. Wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
– Schedule personal training sessions to learn and maintain proper techniques and body alignment.
– Begin each workout with a warm up featuring light stretching exercises.
– Start with light weights. Increase the weight in small increments over time as you become stronger.
– Alternate between weight-bearing and non-weight-bearing exercises to lessen stress and strain on your joints.
– Cool down after your routine.
For more information on group exercise options and personal training, please visit the Member Services desk.
Click below to learn more.Membership
Sign up to receive our newsletter and emails